Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year + A Resolution

I start every new year off the same way; with a mile high list of ambitious resolutions and good intentions that generally fizzle out by Jan 2nd. Probably because I set so many goals that I don’t even know where to start. So this year {as I compiled my expansive list} I realized that almost every item had a similar theme…GET ORGANIZED. The house, kids, meals, health, daily planning…they are all falling short because I haven’t developed a system to keep things organized.

So that is my resolution…and the good news is that it’s already Jan 3rd and I’m still on track! Fortunately I had a nice long Christmas break to get prepared.

My progress

I cleaned and organized my closet, junk drawers, office files and bathroom drawers and designated a drop box for all new mail/bills/items to be filed so that it stays in one central spot {instead of piling up in my junk drawers…to be lost in the abyss}. Throughout the month/year I plan to work my way through all of the cabinets in our home, clear the clutter, and get organized.

I also purchased a “Mom” planner that will help me plan out our weekly meals – both lunches and dinner. I can’t even tell you how often we end up eating take-out after work because we haven’t gone to the market and have zero food in the house. And don’t get me started on all the $$$ I spend eating out at lunch {not to mention the calories consumed}. I am hopeful that this planner will also keep me on track with working out, blogging, etc {maybe that’s wishful thinking, but at least it’s a start right??}

I know that there are probably more noble resolutions that I could have made, but the truth is that feeling out of control and just plain messy leaves me grumpy and irritable. I am a happier mom & wife when things are organized, clean and running smoothly. So here’s to a happy, organized New Year!

Organized Make-Up Drawer

My Planner {Amazon}

Organized Junk Drawer

Office Drop Box

Sorted Office Files

Closet!

Clutter Free Vanity

New Jewelry Organizer {Urban Outfitters}

Scarves in Order {Thank you Pinterest!}

No comments:

Post a Comment